Slim and compact UV sterilizer disinfects water up to 1 GPM. Durable polypropylene housing with stainless steel interior treats water naturally without leaving taste or odor. Industry standard 1/4 in. fittings for versatility and adaptability. Installs quickly and easily for effective POU protection. Maintenance-free, set and forget it design and operation. UV Lamp Upgrade for RO Systems. The primary usage for a UV light is to disinfect filtered water at a certain flow rate. Bacteria, viruses, and other microorganisms are destroyed by the UV interfering with the DNA and RNA in the organisms’ reproductive cycles. In theory, the reverse osmosis membrane already removes bacteria and viruses from the water, therefore, if you are on a municipal water system (tap water) in the U.S., chances are that you should not need a UV light on top of our ULTIMATE RO System. But, if your water source is known to be unsafe with microorganisms and you want to have extra protection, then you can add an UV as an additional stage to disinfect water. APEC ultra violet Upgrade Kit can be added on to any existing RO system or replace old UV unit. Specifications Watts: 6-Ports: 1/4 in. Lamp Life: 1 Year Plus Continuous Operation U.V. Output: 30,000 Micro-Watts at Maximum Flow Inlet Water Temperature: 40° – 105°F Maximum Operating Pressure: 85° psi. Operating Voltages Available: 120V – 60HZ Maximum Static Temperature Rise: 16.1°F Above Ambient.
- 316 bonded stainless steel interior maximizes killing power by reflecting U.V. light and eliminates degradation of polypropylene housing
- Eliminate up to 99.99% of bacteria, viruses and micro-organisms that thrive in non-chlorinated water sources
- High quality complete add-on kit, easy to add to any existing RO system or replace old UV unit
- 1/4 in. slide ports spin water eliminating shading, snap – fit cap for quick lamp removal
- Easy to clean quartz sleeve, low cost replaceable lamp